Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Edible Spring Bird's Nest

For Home Ec this week Addy chose an edible bird's nest. It was really easy and a little messy, my kinda craft!
You need:
Semi sweet chocolate morsels
Chow Mein noodles
Easter eggs or jelly beans
Marshmallow peeps

I used semi sweet chocolate chips because I LOVE chocolate but caramel or butterscotch make a better color for your nest I think.
 Melt the chocolate on low heat and stir constantly.
 Then pour chocolate over chow mein noodles.
 Using a spoon or your hands (messy part) mix it together and spoon it out onto wax paper or cutting board.
 Shape them into a ball and then push down the center to hold the eggs. When you put the eggs in you can push up the walls around nest to shape.
Then perch your little birdie on her nest to watch her babies.
 They were so cute AND yummy! We made four and Addy took some to the neighbors.




3 comments:

  1. This idea is so sweet and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this idea! I would love you to share this one too! www.laughloveandcraft.com

    ReplyDelete