Thursday, May 12, 2011

DIY Bottle Cap Necklace

My stepfather was cleaning out his junk drawer and was throwing away a ton of bottle caps! Luckily I was there just in the nick of time to save them! Heehee
So my first project is a bottle cap necklace that I made with two preschoolers and a third grader. It was soooo easy. 


Using a nail and a hammer, put a hole in the top of the bottle cap.

I had some small silver necklace rings that I put on with pliers.

The letters are printed off my computer. I searched for monogram letters and played around with sizing. The girls colored the letters and I cut them out. I painted the bottle cap with acrylic paint and let it dry. Seal everything with fabulous mod podge.

We learned about symmetry and patterns while stringing beads. (You know I will squeeze in a lesson if I can!)



 Make sure the necklace will go over their heads and then tie a double knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment